Every element of your home plays some part when it comes to curb appeal. We all begin with a focal point when decorating the interior of our home, and the exterior is no different. You may choose to make the bay window or the entry door the focal point, or replace the old garage door with a nice custom garage door and use it as the focal point. Here are a few great ways to include the garage door in your home’s curb appeal.
Really give the door and all customization options a lot of thought. Garage doors are available in a variety of materials, shapes, sizes, and finishes. Our online custom garage door design center allows you to customize your garage door in the following ways:
- Design – Choose between Carriage House Steel Doors, Courtyard Doors, Modern Aluminum Designs, Faux Wood, Real Wood, and even traditional designs like stamped, long panel, standard panel, and flush.
- Color – Choose the garage door design you want and then choose the size and color. We have 13 color choices for wood and faux wood finishes alone.
- Windows – Customize the placement of the windows you want in the garage door. Most doors can have windows added across the top, down the left side, or the right side.
- Glass Type – You can choose clear glass, obscured glass, or a satin look for optimal privacy.
- Hardware – Some of our garage doors have hinges and other hardware as added decorative touches. Choose the hardware you wish to see on your door.
The Final Touch
Our online custom garage door design center allows you to create the perfect garage door. We also allow you to take it a step further and apply your newly created door to a model home. Click the Apply to Home Photo button and choose a home that resembles yours. Or you can upload a photo of your own home and see how your newly created custom garage door will look on your home.
Design your custom garage door in such a way that it helps enhance the overall beauty of your home. Create landscaping options that bring out the door’s natural colors and accentuate the work you put into choosing and customizing it. Keep shrubbery and trees trimmed back so that they don’t cover the garage door but provide a beautiful overall appeal for your home.
Resurface the driveway if needed to make it look like new. An asphalt driveway needs to be sealed to keep out the sun’s harsh rays and water that eventually erodes it down to gravel. Make 2016 the year that you really dive into curb appeal with a newly surfaced driveway, lovely landscaping, and a brand new custom garage door.
The Overhead Door Company in Tampa has been serving Tampa Bay homeowners for more than 60 years. We have installed and maintained thousands of garage doors throughout our service area over the years. Call us at 813-885-3667 to schedule an appointment or to order your door after you’ve chosen the perfect customization.