Inspection, Testing and Certifications per NFPA-80 Standards
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards require building owners to have their rolling and sliding fire doors inspected and tested annually and to maintain written documentation of such inspections. Overhead Door Company of Tampa Bay’s Fire Door Drop Testing (FDDT) Program helps building owners and managers stay in compliance with the most recent NFPA-80 standards, while maintaining the Proper operation and full closure of your facility’s rolling and sliding fire doors.
Fire Door Drop Testing Services Include
- The inspection, testing and certification of your facility’s rolling and sliding fire doors to meet NFPA-80 Section 15-2.4.3-5 requirements by factory trained and certified technicians.
- A written Fire Door Inspection and Drop Test Report, which documents each Fire Door Drop Test service call. For your facility’s records along with recommendations for any needed repairs or product replacement. See the following pages for additional detail on inspection and drop test guidelines.
- A “Fire Door Certification” tag is attached to each tested fire door indicating the date the door was inspected, tested and certified.
- Copies of your facilities Fire Door Inspection and Drop Test Results are kept in our company’s records in case of an emergency or any compliance questions.
- You will be contacted on an annual basis to schedule future FDDT service appointments to help keep your fire doors in compliance with NFPA-80 section 15-2.4.3-5 and in good working order.
Fire Doors play a key role in building safety. Properly operating fire doors help protect property and save lives in the event of an emergency. Defective, damaged or non-functioning fire doors can lead to tragic results and may subject building owners and managers to catastrophic losses and increased legal liability.
Overhead Door Company of Tampa Bay’s FDDT Program provides for your facilities ongoing compliance with your NFPA-80 section 15-2.4.3-5 requirements, while establishing and maintaining FDDT records for your facility on an annual basis.
FDDT Program Enrollment
You can enroll in the Overhead Door Company of Tampa Bay’s Fire Door Drop Testing program or get more information on this or other Annual Maintenance contracts or services we provide by:
Calling 813-885-DOOR or sign up online at www.overheadtampa.com to schedule an appointment for a FREE estimate for this service.