The garage door is often overlooked when it comes to home improvement and home maintenance. We often put it in the out of sight, out of mind or if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it category with other items like the chimney, dryer vent, and guttering. But there are several things you can do to improve the appearance of the garage door or to take it from plain to amazing with just a few hundred dollars. Here are a few great ideas to create an eye catching garage door.
- Plain White Panels to Glass: Introduce natural lighting to your garage by removing some of the solid panels and replacing them with glass. Also, a full view glass garage door can open up your home and create a whole other living space. There are several glass options to choose from including smoky glass for more privacy.
- Neutral and Dull to Bright and Beautiful: The garage door often gets overlooked, so it doesn’t always get updated with the home. Consider choosing a shade that complements your home or matches the trim or shutters for the garage door. A fresh coat of paint can truly do wonders.
- Hidden to Part of the Home: The garage door often blends too well with the home and doesn’t have its own character. Allow your garage door’s unique qualities to show by adding windows, hardware, and a nice coat of paint.
- Old and Weary to New and Modern: Old garage doors aren’t quite as pretty or as efficient as new models. If your garage door is more than 10 years old and has a few drafty areas, consider replacing it entirely with something new with sleek lines. New technology can turn a traditional steel door into one with the look of a wooden garage door.
- Boring and Plain to a Nice Pop of Color: Use your eye catching garage door as an accessory for your home. Consider removing solid panels in lieu of smoky glass, and painting the trim and frame a nice bright color to accentuate some other area of your home’s decor.
- Dull and Depressing to Dramatic Beauty: Replace your current old garage door with a new modern design or select a paint option from over 100 new colors. Install faux stone siding to create a dramatic new appearance.
- Add a Wooden Structure: Build a portico or a pergola to provide shade near the garage area as well as to add to the privacy if you have tempered glass windows in the garage.
The Overhead Door Company in Tampa Bay has had the pleasure of servicing garage doors for homeowners in the Tampa Bay area for more than 60 years. We offer the largest selection of garage doors with a style for everyone and every home. Be sure to check out our current offers with four different coupons to help save money on your garage door installation, maintenance, or repair. All four of our current coupons are good through April 30, 2016, so make sure to take advantage of them soon. Call us at 813-885-DOOR to discuss your garage door problems or to schedule an appointment for a free design consultation.